Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Chrismas days

On 24th of December I went for Coffee to my Grandpas house to meet hi and Edith. We had a really nice time and exchanged gifts. I got Teglasses, a Teapott and Tea. And suprise Edith got Tea from me, well that was funny. December 24th is called "Heiligabend" Holyevening in Germany. This where everyone has Dinner together and exchanges gifts afterwards.








Because my Mom couldn`t spend the Christmasdays together cause she had to work, we exchanged our gifts before christmas. This are all the things I got for Christmas. Really nice things. Mussie and I decided to not do gifts cause we rather safe it for a nice vacation next year.



My job was to make the Dessert for`"Heiligabend" at Mussies family. So I made Chocolate Pudding with Vanilla Sauce and I got these dessertglasses for Christmas too.




Mussie and his oldest Sister Saba.





Mussies mom, sister and I.






Mother, Brother, Sister and Mussie. It was a really nice evening. We had good food and conversations.


The next day Mussie and I hadded around 10 a.m. to Holland. And we saw a rainbow.

I thought the clouds and the lighted spots looked amazing. So I took pictures while Mussie was driving, I am so amazed how good those pictures turned out even if we drove 50 miles an hour. WOW.



And then after the Border to Holland there was snow. So we had a white Christmas.





Christmas decorations of my Grandma.







We arrived at 2.30 p.m. we came into a traffic jam so it took us lpnger than usually. My Grandma and I. As usually we played cards. Canasta.



My Grandpa and Mussie. They really like each other, even if they don`t allways know what the oher person is saying. Only for the records my Grandpa and I won 9 to 3 against Grandma and Mussie. hihihihihi.




Okay my Grandpa is a little silly. So when my neece told him to take out his teeth, guess what he did. Well I am really thankfull for dentists. This woukld make him really old.




My Aunt and my Grandma. The whole Family (other than my Mom) came together on the seocnd Chrismas Day.





Mussie and I and my Uncle in the Backround.


That is my older Neece unrapping one of her gifts.


Nephew and Uncle trying to figure out what my Nehphew got there.
My Grandpa beeing silly again. He thought he looks good warapped like a gift.


Okay since Grandpa is so silly Mussie and my small Neece got silly too.



They are really good.



All the Grandchildren together.


So that was my Christmas. I really hope you had a nice Christmas too. I really love it to spend the days with my dear family. Too bad everyone is spread out so much.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good Christmas! We did too. We just stayed home and spent time with the family. I love the pictures you got while driving. They are really good! Sawyer did great at the Christmas program at Willow. He was so interested in all the lights! We had a fun time! Hope you both have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kathrin!
    Thanks for telling us about your day, I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the comment about Mussie and grandpa liking each other even though they can't understand each other most of the time. I can relate--been there--done that. Kind of like Wolfie's Dad and me! Thanks for sharing your photos from Christmas. I think I need to start taking my own photos. i still don't have any from the Willow service. :-) My new years resolution should be TAKING PHOTOS FOR THE BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kathie
    What great photography, my favorite is grandpa without teeth.
    It is really easy to see that you and Mussi had a lot of fun over Christmas and I think as much as you are working week after week you really deserved this vacation.

    I can't wait to talk to you this week.

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete