Yesterday I bough our first christmas tree. I wish I could have bought it with Mussie, pick one out carry it home and decorate it, but he is gone so I did. It was still good. Next to the feeling here are some facts that would be different if Mussie would have been with me: the tree is verry nice in the front not so nice in the back and it is sooooooo not straight, I also did a not so good job with the Christmas decoration, well see yourself :-))

Wrapped up.

I freed him.

Decorated

If you did not see it in the last picture here a close up. Wolfgang and Lauren I hope you remember. When I visited Wolfgang and Lauren first time in Hoffmann it was Christmas and the y gave this onrament to me. They said it is supposed to be in my tree every christmas (since it is my first tree, I am doing good). I really find it really ugly, but it stands for a lot. First of all it makes me think of you during christmas even if we can`t be together and it also stands for the realtionship we have and how it changed during the years.

All the christmals onraments are from my Mom (behalve the USA one) and this pig was in the box too. I think it is really tacky but she told me since I dedicated one to my Dad I could also dedicate one to her. So I put this one in the tree for my Mom who won`t be with me during Christmas either.
Well I guess ugly is better than tacky LOL the tree is very sweet and sImple. I LIKE IT! I can't believe it is your first tree... Why?
ReplyDeleteXoxo
L
Well since we are never home during christmas I never felt the need of buying a tree. Same when I lived at my Moms since we allways spend christmas in Holland, we only had a tree one time when I was 18 allready. Thats why. I hope you are okay with me calling it "ugly" but I would also never put one with a german or a dutch flag in my tree :-))
ReplyDeleteWow I thought it was your first tree since you moved out of mom's... But it really is your FIRST TREE! That is so cool! How does it smell? What time will Mussie be home to see it! Did you buy a tree stand that allows you to water it? You can call it ugly... I understood what you meant :-)
ReplyDeleteL
Ugly is a pretty strong word, but since you can't really argue over taste I am calling ugly and tacky even.
ReplyDeleteIt is a wonderful thought that it will remind you every christmas time you put a tree up of Lauren & I and how we made it throug tough times in the beginning to such a loving and wonderful triangle relationship.
Also remember how much we love and adore you whenever you see the ornament.
Your Dad
PS: I am really sorry that Mussie couldn't be with you!
It smells good and even if not straight, I like it. Yes I can water it, thats good otherwise it would go bad so fast.
ReplyDelete:D I like your tree, it is cute! And that's fun that you have dedicated different ornaments to your parents! Yayyy, I finally got to get on and read your blog and it didn't mess up our computer!!!
ReplyDelete