Sunday, December 19, 2010

SNOW

I worked this weekend and could not believe what happened outside during the day. Again it snowed and snowed and snowed. For people living in the Chicago area that might not be surprising, but in Kassel and Germany it is still a bit rare to have this much snow. It is interesting how a country or even a continent is prepared for winter. Germany is not as good prepared as the US or Canada are. Here people have problems with driving, the citys have not enough staff and cars to clean the roads, trains and plains get delayed or cancelled and so on. The end of the story is chaos everywhere. The highways are not cleaned or drivers get in acidents, than traffic jams and so on. I wanted to show you some of hour snow especially to Wolfie who can hardly believe that we have so much snow. I think the pictures do not really show what I am talking about, maybe I get some better ones tomorrow.











4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You did get a lot of snow! Be careful out in it!!!!
    By the way, I love the new background for your blog! But I do miss the little fishies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I miss the fishies too, even if I haven't fed them to often lately.

    I think the pictures of the parking lot show pretty well what's going on.
    Bummer that the country is not well prepared, especially after last years blooper of "running out of salt"!

    I hope we get to see pictures of your ski-tour.
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Bekky allready that the fishes life on the bottom of my Blog now (scroll down) they actually have a much bigger aquarium now and they are up and fine :-) But you need to feed them ;-)) No pictures of the ski tour, we decided to not carry around our big cameras this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I found the fishies and they got their Christmas dinner already so be careful not to overfeed them.
    We don't want them to "outgrow the new aquarium, right?

    ReplyDelete